Your candle made it! Hooray! This guide is here help you get the most out of your candle. With a few tips and tricks, each burning experience will be an enjoyable one.
The first lighting on your candle is important and will set the tone for how things will go in the future. Make sure you burn the candle until the wax pool (the melted part around the wick) reaches all of the way to the edge of the jar or tin. This will prevent tunneling and wasted wax.
General Care + Safety
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch.
- Don't burn your candle near flammable stuff (curtains, we're looking at you).
- Don't leave your candle unattended.
- Don't burn candles while you're sleeping.
- Don't burn the candle all the way down to the end. Instead, leave about 1/4 inch of wax at the bottom of the vessel.
- Keep your candle clean of debris, even the wick trimmings.
Have you ever burned a candle and noticed black coming off the flame or staining the sides of the jar? That's soot. It happens, but there are ways to prevent it. One step we take is to make sure the wick is sized properly to the vessel and the fragrance load in the wax isn't too heavy. There are a few things you can do when you burn your candle to help alleviate soot issues.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times. If soot is still an issue, you can trim it a bit shorter.
- Avoid burning your candles near open windows, vents, or fans. It's generally best to just avoid drafts altogether.
- Don't burn the candle longer than 3-4 hours at a time.
Following these steps will help you enjoy your Apothecary 19 candles for many hours. If you experience any issues or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.